Epitaxy is the deposition of single crystal layers on a single crystal substrate. Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) has been described as “spray painting with atoms.” MBE can produce wafers with almost unlimited combinations of stacked epitaxial layers. These “epi-wafers” are the essential starting point for the fabrication of advanced electronic and photonic devices such as high-speed transistors, laser diodes, and photodetectors.
- Large wafer diameter capable
- In-situ growth rate calibration
- High uniformity
- Variety of layer compositions
- Wide range of P- and N-type doping
- Complete computer control of shutters, temperature and substrate position